Who are LIFE Groups for?
LIFE Groups are for everyone.
We believe that everyone needs significant relationships to be healthy. We believe that it is not good for us to walk alone. We need each other. That’s why we want to be a church OF small groups, not just a church with small groups.
We believe that sustained life change takes place best in the context of intentional relationships. We agree with John Ortberg when he writes: “I have never known anyone . . . who was isolated, lonely, unconnected, had no deep relationships – yet had a meaningful and joy-filled life.”
LIFE Groups exist to provide grace-filled safe havens which foster growth in grace, meaningful relationships, and service-minded living. (Acts 2:42-47, Hebrews 10:24-25, Romans 8:29).
Do I get to choose my group? How large are LIFE Groups? When do they meet? How long do they last? Find the answers to these and other questions below as we list other “distinctives” of LIFE Groups at Two Rivers Church, Fort Collins.
- Embracing people right where they are. Anyone is free to engage and belong to a LIFE Group.
- We believe that chemistry is huge. Groups are free to form around friendship, interests, etc.
- We have women's groups, co-ed groups, and women's group. We have life-stage groups and inter-generational groups.
- We understand that intimacy should not be forced. LIFE Group is a safe place to meet new friends, support one another, and grow together. While intimacy often does occur, no one is forced to share more than they are comfortable sharing.
- We have discovered that most people feel more comfortable, stay longer, form significant connections, and grow spiritually in larger groups. Therefore, our LIFE Groups can sometimes have up to 20 members in them.
- Most weeks in LIFE Groups, our biblical component will focus on the same passage as Sunday’s message, allowing us to go deeper and challenging us take the message out of the building and into our everyday lives.